The need for personnel and management in the field of human resources is growing quite rapidly in New York. Human resources job listings give a fair idea about the human resources jobs available in New York. Whether you are thinking of the client aspect of the job or management, the time is right to find out what you can do to make a difference. Depending on the type of position that you are interested in, with the right training, you can draw a huge salary.
Pre-requisites for a Human resources job applicant
Effective communication, basic computer skills, teamwork are all important when considering a career in human resources in New York. Entry level positions are often the first filled when college graduates start looking for jobs. Some employers expect the job aspirant to have completed college having majored in human resources, administration for human resources, or a labor and industrial relations major.
As the human resources department is the hiring department and takes care of the needs of the employees, it is indispensable to every company in New York. Whether they are located in another city or within the same building of the hiring company, they are responsible for the employees. The human resource personnel are in charge of making sure that all paperwork is taken care of. They are also responsible for putting wages and salaries into the proper databases, and ensuring that tax information is sent to the proper place.
Career opportunities for Human Resources personnel
The human resources employee is responsible for a wide variety of tasks. He/She must take care of background checks when joining a HR (Human Resources) department within most companies. These checks are becoming more common as the need to check people out becomes important before they can represent a business. The employer will also need to ensure that the person who is being hired is trustworthy as he may be required to handle money.
Candidates may require a balance of administrative skills and personnel skills. They may also be needed to interview job applicants.
Positions available in Human Relations Careers
There are several levels of employment in the field of human resources in New York such as follows
1) Human Resources Assistant – The requirements for this position may require an associate’s degree or comparable training as well as up to two years of work experience. The duties of the assistant are most likely going to include finding new employees, employment, taking care of personnel records, doing job evaluations etc.
2) Training Specialist – This employee will handle training programs for new employees. They will familiarize themselves with the company’s procedures and expectations. The salary is over $37,000 per year.
3) Human Resources Generalist – The requirements of this position includes collecting data pertaining to all the different requirements of the HR department. They will be responsible for making their recommendations to their superiors.
4) Labor Relations Specialist – The duties of this position will include being in on any labor contract talks. The laws dealing with local as well as state and federal must be a familiar subject.
5) Human Resources Manager – The manager has a wide array of duties. They must create detailed plans of the company’s programs for the employees, their reimbursements, company benefits, training of new employees etc.