Sales jobs for a rewarding career in Philadelphia, PA
One has to just browse through the job listings and employment sections of newspapers to come across excellent and lucrative sales and marketing job opportunities in Philadelphia, PA. The sites enlist openings for the post of sales and marketing managers etc online and you can find many job opportunities for working in Philadelphia. Work from home jobs are also available in the sales and marketing field that can be utilized by housewives and others. One can come across job vacancies for the post of sales executives in various areas through the job listings available online.
Role of sales executives in Philadelphia
A Sales Manager has to basically lead a team of sales executives. Sales managers are also entrusted with the responsibility of handling product complaints, building a strong rapport with privileged customers, training executives, setting sales goals, and train team members. They are also in charge of co-ordinating with sales managers, promoting sales activities, establishing and maintaining customer service policies, interacting with operations managers, retail managers, etc. Sales Managers in Philadelphia also have to check customer service and inside sales activities, and coordinating with and supporting the marketing manager in relation to customer service and marketing issues. The sales and marketing executives also have to resolve customer complaints and queries and must have enormous level of patience and a friendly nature.
Employment opportunities in the Sales and marketing field
Sales and marketing employment in Philadelphia encompass vacancies for the positions of Sales manager, customer service manager, marketing manager, customer service manager, marketing executive, sales representative, sales and service manager, assistant sales manager, sales executive, etc. Customer service and sales managers must have at least a bachelor’s degree and more than three years of experience in a customer service environment.
Requirements for sales job positions
* Interactive background combined with good sales and marketing knowledge
* Good communication skills combined with sales ability and at least 3-6 plus years experience
* A wide range of contacts
* Must be a keen relationship builder
* Ability to work independently without supervision
Other typical activities of a sales executive
* Maintaining relationships with existing customers via calls, meetings, and emails;
* Visiting potential customers to improve existing business or for a new business;
* liaising with suppliers to check on the progress of existing orders;
* Monitoring goods in stock as well as on display;
* Checking sales and order information and sending copies to the sales office;
* Examining company’s performance and trying to achieve or exceed targets;
* Having an understanding of customers’ requirements and businesses
* Giving quotations to customers making speedy cost calculations
Sales executives and managers in Philadelphia must also close sales and negotiate with customers and send the needed documents to the sales office. They have to represent the company in exhibitions, demonstrations and events and give advice regarding upcoming product developments and special promotions. They have to foster sales in areas such as consumer goods, IT, media and software, financial and print services and industrial supplies.